Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Get ready for the bug invasion!

A doctor must diagnose the problem before he/she can prescribe a cure. Bug problems are no different.  You have to know what (or who) the problem is before you can select the proper control (if any) to use for that bug.

Pests of the West is a fabulous resource book for just that. I just discovered it and it has tremendous pictures of lots of common pests and suggested plan of attack to mitigate the problems.  I love the pictures! I have been trying of late to get better up close pictures so I can document the pest issues I come across on my yard and clients yards.

Most of the time, identifying the pest is the hardest task. Once that is done, you are all set to decide how and IF to apply controls.

Check out the section on Grubs.  They will be an issue for you with lovely pretty scarob-like beetles by next month if you havent applied some control by now.  Do it before it is too late and the beetles start flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment