Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The elusive dream... a good nights sleep.

I dont know about you, but working in the garden tires me out! Some days, I just drag in the door and look incredulously at my darling husband when he, for some reason wants to have a nice dinner. Not dinner out or take out, but a real dinner cooked by me. I'm already cooked by the end of the day! some days, gardening uses muscles I didn't realize I had.

Even so, when I can finally drop my head onto the pillow, sleep does not necessarily follow, even exhaused as I am.  Even worse, is when I wake up several times in the night wondering what else I need to do or didn't do that I should have or will tomorrow.  As I get older, this sleep thing comes harder. I think that I dont function as well as I could when I don't get enough sleep.

I have tried lots of methods to induce a sound sleep, but they all seem to fail. I was thinking about going to a sleep clinic, but so expensive and time consuming. So I was really excited to  learn of a new device that allows you to track your own sleep patterns and daily habits and how they correlate, so you can improve your quality of sleep. This new device is available at Amazon. Its called a  Zeo Personal Sleep Coach

It is a little wireless device that has a headband you wear to bed that tracks your sleep patterns. they also have an online program that helps you intrepret the information and make lifestyle changes that will improve your sleep. Amazon has a neat video on how this thing works. You should check it out if you or anyone you know has any sleep issues. I have ordered it and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. I will let you know how it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment