Monday, November 8, 2010

Gardening takes a toll on your feet

Whenever I am working out in the garden, I just go.  I dont think about me, I am busy pruning, weeding, planting or totally engrossed in what I am doing at the moment.  I sometimes loose track of time, I'm so involved in what I am doing. Its when I get home and I sit down to relax, I realize how much I hurt.

Part of it is that I'm not getting any younger and I am using all sorts of muscles lifting, bending, digging, etc. One thing I learned early on is to take care of my feet. If your feet hurt, you cant seem to dredge up enough enthusiasim to keep going or even get started for that reason.

One of the best things I do for my feet is to buy quality boots and terrific socks.  The socks I buy arent cheap, about $20 but they do wonders for my feet which means the difference between gettin the job done and having some life at then end of the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment