Sunday, January 24, 2010

This day is all you got.

My last post was wishing for snow and eventually we got a little with lots of rain. I kept meaning to post. The holidays came and went. I actually had time to watch a movie and take some personal time with some of my family at Christmas. The lively conversation, scrabble, tons of food, and laughter is imprinted in my brain forever. I imagine the others will remember bits and pieces.

You get to an age where you really wonder what your purpose in life is. Have I made a difference in anybody's life? Am I just here sucking up energy? What do I have to give back? Anthony Robbins says the quality of the questions you ask yourself determine the quality of your life. I am planning to make better use of the oxygen I breathe in making a difference to others.

I am reminded of this because of the sad blog post by a fellow blogger I follow. Her blog is here: http://natandabby.blogspot.com/ Johlene has lost her grandma Mema. Johlene was blessed to be able to be with her Mema until the last. One can read her blogs and see the impact one human being has made on her whole family. I'll pray that the feelings of loss and sorrow will be overshadowed by the gifts of love Mema left for them.

Remember, you only have this day. What will you be remembered for?

No comments:

Post a Comment